Named the Phantom because of the work we’ve done to hide our design and testing on this board for the last 7 months. We’re finally ready to release our most refined and vetted model that builds on our knowledge from the Barra, LongBarra, and One6One. Truly a beautiful board that doesn’t compromise!
Form Follows Function
– These are the design requirements for the Barra.
- gain and maintain speed without excessive paddling or pumping. This allows a surfer to relax between maneuvers and smooth out their surfing – enjoy the glide.
- turn and glide with no or little front foot movement.
- to surf as radical as a shortboard in turns off the tail.
- to be smooth in transitions between radical rail surfing and moments of glide.
- to surf with or without a paddle in sizes from small shortboards to performance SUP boards (up to 1.35 Volume/Weight ratios). The paddle should enhance surfing, but not be necessary.
The Barra is my interpretation of these objectives.