The First evolution of stand-up paddle surfboards were redesigned surf shapes made with greater volume to stand on. The Portal feels to me like like a next generation board built from first principles – leveraging all the unique attributes of stand-up surfing to harness speed, flow, and truly dynamic turning. An order of magnitude better than anything I’ve tested or ridden. Kudos Erik, you can tell this was a labor of love. – Chris, Boston
Pricing starts at $1,475. Contact us to order now!
Paddle surfing, in it’s highest form, is the perfect blend of lazy longboard and mid-length lines with the explosive and radical maneuvers of shortboard surfing – ideally without compromise.
Form Follows Function
– These are the design requirements for the Barra.
- gain and maintain speed without excessive paddling or pumping. This allows a surfer to relax between maneuvers and smooth out their surfing – enjoy the glide.
- turn and glide with no or little front foot movement.
- to surf as radical as a shortboard in turns off the tail.
- to be smooth in transitions between radical rail surfing and moments of glide.
- to surf with or without a paddle in sizes from small shortboards to performance SUP boards (up to 1.35 Volume/Weight ratios). The paddle should enhance surfing, but not be necessary.
The Barra is my interpretation of these objectives.